Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wk 3 Comment: Kathy Kellen's Blog

Kathy says:

Am I ready to ignite new sparks?

As I continued the reading for this week I considered what I am passionate about...and about the practice of enrollment. The Zanders (2000, p. 126) list the steps to this practice:" 1. Imagine that people are an invitation for enrollment. 2. Stand ready to participate, willing to be moved and inspired. 3. Offer that which lights you up. 4. Have no doubt that others are eager to catch the spark. "

These are excellent reminders to me right now as I feel resistant to going back to work. EMDT is an all-consuming passion for me and I have loved having these past 3 months to focus fully on it! When thoughts creep in questioning how I'm going to finish this degree while starting the school year, I have to remind myself of the first 8 months of this program when I was teaching full time throughout!

So in two short weeks....

My fellow staff members and even more importantly, my students will be invitations for enrollment. I will be rested and ready to participate as a team member and facilitator, and eager to be inspired by the bright faces and personalities of my students. I will continue to offer them all I have learned in EMDT, and my passion for music and relationships. I will have no doubt that I will have students with shining eyes who will far exceed my expectations!
 
 
 
Abbie Toy said...

@Kathy -
I always love to hear your perspective on the reading, because often our thoughts intertwine:) You have such a "spark" about you, and I have no doubt that the kids see that and begin to ignite with passion for music!

I have returned to school and miss having my days free to explore ideas we have learned from Full Sail, but just remember we only have a few weeks left to enjoy this wonderful program:) I keep telling myself - be present, be present! Good job, Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment